Sara Collins is a family law, juvenile dependency, and criminal litigator. Sara was born and raised in Medford, Oregon. Several adventures later, she returned to the Rogue Valley. Sara graduated from the University of Oregon in 1995 with a degree in Political Science. Following graduation, she spent a year in Costa Rica teaching English to elementary-aged children. Upon her return to the United States, Sara attended the University of Oregon School of Law, graduating in 2001.
Following graduation, Sara accepted a judicial clerkship in Anchorage, Alaska. Three winters later, she returned to Oregon and began practicing criminal law with the Lane County Public Defender’s office. Sara later worked at the Oregon Department of Justice in Eugene, Oregon, where she represented the Department of Human Services and handled dependency law issues. In 2010, Sara returned to Southern Oregon and practiced criminal law for several years. Most recently, before co-founding Collins Rowan, Sara worked as an attorney at Hornecker Cowling, LLP where she practiced family and juvenile law.
Sara’s extensive background in trial work and practice in criminal and juvenile law compliment her current practice which focuses on helping clients resolve criminal charges, dependency cases, domestic issues, including marriage dissolutions, asset valuation, and child custody and visitation issues. Sara has a passion for her areas of practice. She is a caring, diligent, persistent and strong courtroom advocate.
Outside of work, Sara tries her best to squeeze in time for running, skiing, relaxing in the sun with a good book, and traveling.
- University of Oregon School of Law: Juris Doctorate (2001)
- University of Oregon: Bachelors of Arts in Political Science (1995)
- US District Court for the District of Oregon
- Alaska (inactive)
Professional Memberships / Organizations
- Oregon State Bar: Member (2001-Present)
- Jackson County Bar Association: Member (2004-2005, 2010-Present)
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association: Board Member (2013-2015), Member (2004-2008, 2009-Present)
- Jackson County Circuit Court Pro Tem Judge: (2015-2018)
- William V. Deatherage American Inns of Court: Member (2012-Present)
- Jackson County Mental Health Court Advisory Committee: Member (2016-Present)
- La Clinica: Board Member (2017-Present), Secretary (2020-Present)
- Oregon Mind Body Institute: Board Member (2019-Present), Secretary (2020-Present)
Collins Rowan, LLP
219 S. Holly St.
Medford, OR 97501