Matt is a criminal defense and civil litigator and business and real estate attorney. With a legal background that spans criminal defense work to representing a Fortune 500 automobile retail company as its in-house corporate counsel, he developed a wide-range of legal experience that enables him to provide informed and prompt legal advice to his clients in a variety of legal areas.
Matt is a Southern Oregon native. He attended the University of Oregon as an undergraduate, graduating in 2005, summa cum laude and with departmental honors in both of his majors: Political Science and Spanish. Following graduation, Matt joined the 2005 Teach for America corps and taught English as a Second Language to middle schoolers in the Washington Heights neighborhood of New York City while concurrently earning a Masters degree in Teaching. He returned to the University of Oregon two years later to attend the University of Oregon School of Law, graduating in 2010.
Before co-founding Collins Rowan, LLP, Matt worked as an attorney at Foster Denman, LLP (2010-2013) in Medford, Oregon where his practice focused on commercial litigation and creditors’ rights. He then joined the Southern Oregon Public Defender (2013-2014) as a criminal defense attorney representing clients in misdemeanor, felony, DUI/DWI, and contempt cases. Thereafter, he worked for Lithia Motors, Inc. (2014-2017) as its corporate counsel where he performed extensive mergers and acquisitions, real estate, litigation case management, and contract review work.
- University of Oregon School of Law: Juris Doctorate (2010)
- Pace University: Master of Science in Teaching (2007)
- University of Oregon Robert D. Clark Honors College: Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Spanish (2005), summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- US District Court for the District of Oregon
Professional Memberships / Organizations
- Oregon State Bar: Member (2010-Present), Practice & Procedure Committee (2012-2014)
- Jackson County Bar Association: President (2015-2016), President-Elect (2014-2015), Treasurer (2012-2014), Member (2010-Present)
- American Inns of Court: Member (2010-Present)
- Center for Non-Profit Legal Services: Board of Directors: Treasurer (2017-Present), Member (2015-2020)
- National Association of Dealer Counsel: Member (2015-2018)
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association: Member (2013-2014, 2018- Present)
- Spanish / Español
Collins Rowan, LLP
219 S. Holly St.
Medford, OR 97501